What We Believe

We believe that Jesus Christ was born of the virgin birth, crucified, was buried and rose from the dead on the third day, and is alive forevermore (Matthew 1:23, 27:35, 28:10)

We believe that Jesus Christ ascended into the heavens and is now seated on the right hand of the Father; that he continues to make intercession on behalf of the saints; that his blood alone removes sin  (Luke 24:51, Hebrews 7:25)

We believe in the bodily resurrection of those who died in Christ; that Jesus will return to take away the Church, both the living and resurrected saints, in the rapture (1st Corinthians 15:51-57)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the only source of salvation for mankind; that He is the only way that mankind can reach or relate to God and without him there is no savior at all.  We believe that we are saved and justified through faith alone, and not by works (Acts 4:12, Ephesians 2:8-9)

We believe that the Bible is the word of God written by inspired men and that it is profitable for instruction in righteousness. (2 Timothy 3:16)

We believe in water baptism by full immersion; that baptism is done in the name and authority of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38, 8:35-38)

We believe in partaking of Holy Communion and feet washing (Luke 22:19-20, John 13:3-8)

We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the attendant manifestation of speaking in tongues (Acts 10:45-46)

We believe in the gifts of the Spirit (1st Corinthians 12:4-11)

We believe in the necessity of the Spirit-filled life for every believer, a life that manifest the fruit of the Spirit. (Galatians 5:16, 22-23)

We believe in spiritual transformation as a life long and continuous process in every believer. (Romans 12: 1-2)

We believe in divine healing (Isaiah 53:5, James 5:14-15)

We believe that those who reject the gospel of Jesus Christ will be judged by Him on the last day (Hebrews 9:27)The mission of Community Bible Church is to love God, to love others, and to magnify the name of Jesus Christ. The vision of our church is to glorify our God and Savior, Jesus Christ, to make true disciples throughout all the nations by means of missionary activity and support, to minister the ordinances, to edify believers, and to do all that is sovereignly possible and biblically permissible to magnify the name of Jesus.

 

Our History

UNITED CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST, (APOSTOLIC)
TRANSFORMATION CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST

The United Church of Jesus Christ (Apostolic), like most Pentecostal and Apostolic bodies, traces its history to the great revival that began in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost, 33 AD. The twentieth century beginnings can be traced to the revival in Los Angeles, California, at 312 Azusa Street led by W.J. Seymour in 1906. From this now famous place, revival spread rapidly throughout the United States and the world. This revival was instrumental in the life of our founder, Bishop Monroe R. Saunders, Sr.

In 1934, a movement known as Rehoboth Church of God in Christ began in Baltimore, Maryland, from which came the Church of God in Christ Jesus (Apostolic) in 1947. Bishop Monroe R. Saunders, Sr. was member of the Board of Bishops from 1947 to 1965. In 1965 Bishop Monroe R. Saunders, Sr. founded The United Church of Jesus Christ (Apostolic) located in Baltimore, Maryland. From 1965 to 2004 under the leadership of Bishop Monroe R. Saunders, Sr., the organization had grown to include churches across the United States, Canada, England, Jamaica, the Leeward Islands of the West Indies, and Liberia, West Africa. From its headquarters in the United States the Board of Bishops, through the Presiding Bishop, directs the organization. In July, 2004 Bishop Monroe R. Saunders, Sr. was elevated to the office of apostle. Dr. Monroe Saunders, Jr. was installed as the presiding bishop of the organization.

The First United Church of Jesus Christ, Apostolic began on Sunday, November 7, 1965, with a small body of believers who gave their time and finances and purchased the church at the corner of Copley Road and Liberty Heights Avenue in Baltimore, Maryland. As the faith of Bishop Saunders, Sr. and the membership increased, it became necessary to look for a larger location. Twenty-two acres of rolling green lawns in west Baltimore became available and Bishop Saunders, Sr. felt this prime acreage offered an excellent opportunity for future programs and expansion. The property was purchased and the membership continued to expand.

The new property included a school building and a separate facility that had been used as a gymnasium. The gymnasium was renovated and became the new worship site for the First United Church, seating over 1,000. In just two years after moving to the new property, The Monroe Saunders School…”Center For Creative Learning” opened its doors as one of the first majority African American accredited private schools in the state of Maryland. Which served as a model that many others have followed. Continuing with his vision and a heart for the community, Bishop Saunders Sr. saw fit to build Abundant Life Towers II a senior citizen housing development. This was the second building constructed by the First United Church and subsidized by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

In 2003, under the direction of Bishop Saunders, Jr., the church name was officially changed to Transformation Church of Jesus Christ. This was necessary to alleviate confusion with other churches in the Baltimore area with similar names. Additionally, the new name embodies the Mission and Vision that God has given Bishop Saunders Jr.

Our leadership team recognizes the authority of God, and realizes that we are shepherds who serve under the Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ. We desire to devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the Word. Our passion and goal is to equip the believers for the work of the ministry until we all attain maturity in the fullness of Christ.